Over the past seven years, the Wasatch County Arts Council has awarded over $75,000 in grants to area arts organizations including: theater, orchestra, children’s theater, Cowboy Poetry, after school arts programs, local music festivals, and the Community Main Street Alliance mural. Funds are primarily secured through a gracious donation from the Wasatch County Council as well as additional grants secured by the Council.
Grant Applications are NOW OPEN. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2024.
The Wasatch County Arts Council exists to support and coordinate the efforts of organizations committed to Wasatch County as a premier destination for visual and performing arts. As part of this goal, we strive to support our local artists, performing groups, and individuals by offering yearly art grants. These grants are designed to help the recipient excel beyond their own capacity. Funding for these grants comes from the generous support of the Wasatch County Council.
The purpose of these grants is to increase participation in the arts in Wasatch County by offering a source of funding to help promote, advertise, and develop arts organizations and events. The Wasatch County Arts Council has more funds this year to allocate with the goal to award as many worthy projects as funds allow. The total amount to be awarded among applicants in 2024 is a maximum of $18,000. Activities identified in the application must take place during the grant cycle of March 15, 2024 – March 15, 2025. Grant funds are paid as a reimbursement for approved expenditures. Applying does not guarantee funding.
It is encouraged, but not required, that funds should be spent in the county, when possible. The grant funds can only be used for staging, venue, marketing, & operations. Funds may not be used for salaries or personal gains, debts, fundraising, travel or redistribution. In applying for a grant, please pay close attention to the eligibility requirements, criteria & what the grant can & cannot be used for. Any questions regarding use of funds can be directed to Missy Maughan at [email protected].
- The event or project must be in Wasatch County.
- The applicant must reside in Wasatch County.
- The applicant/organization must have been established for a minimum of 1 year previous to this application.
- Grants are available to any arts group/artist in Wasatch County.
Grant Uses Include:
- Promotion: Advertising, marketing, public relations etc.
- Staging/equipment costs
- Venue repairs/reservations
- Other pertinent operational expenses
Grants MAY NOT be used for the following:
- Hiring or paying for an individual’s time
- Personal gains/profit
The decision to award will be based on the following:
- How well the project reflects the vision of WCAC.
- Evidence of a clear project plan or event marketing strategy.
- Organizations may only apply for one grant per grant cycle.
- Applications must be filled out online HERE.
- Deadline for applications is 12 pm on February 15, 2024.
- Applications will be reviewed and decided on by a neutral subcommittee of WCAC.
- Applicants will be contacted via email after March 15 with award amounts.
- Application must be completed in full, only complete applications will be considered.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS/PROJECT SUMMARY:
- Project summaries must be submitted to WCAC online within 45 days of event/purchase to receive reimbursement. Reports submitted after 45 days will only qualify for half the reward amount. After 60 days, the project is no longer eligible for funding.
- Project summaries must include applicable proof of purchase – receipts, invoices, etc., – a summary of your project/event, and a “thank you letter” addressed to the Wasatch County Council for the funding received through WCAC.
- Project summaries must be submitted online HERE.
Timeline for Grants –
January 15, 2024 Application process opens
February 15, 2024 Deadline for submitting grant application
March 15, 2024 All applicants will be notified via email of their award status
March 15, 2025 Grants Expire